Do you ever wish you were able to record the audio that is currently playing on your Mac? Don’t you think it would be great if you could record part of a movie soundtrack, save an audio book that is streaming, or even capture the sound from a Skype call?
Frankly speaking not only is it possible to capture the audio that is playing on your Mac, but it is actually downright easy if you use Movavi Screen Capture for Mac. As its name implies it is designed to record videos from the screen of your Mac – but it can just as easily record sound on Mac too.
On your part all you need to do to use Movavi Screen Capture for Mac to capture audio is to set up its recording parameters. That can be done by following these steps:
- Launch Movavi Screen Capture for Mac and select ‘Record screen’.
- Click anywhere on the screen to set the capture area (it doesn’t really matter since you won’t be saving the video that you record anyway).
- Make sure the ‘System Audio’ icon is highlighted in green so that audio from your Mac is recorded. If you want you can also click on the ‘Microphone’ icon if you would like to capture audio from it as well.
- Click ‘REC’ when you are ready and the recording will begin after 5 seconds.
- Click ‘Stop’ when you want to stop recording.
- Click ‘Save as’ and select ‘More presets’ then scroll down to the ‘Video and audio’ section and select an audio preset such as MP3.
As you can see it is really very straightforward, and if you want there’s a lot more that you can do using Movavi Screen Capture for Mac with its other features. In particular you could trim out any parts that you don’t want from your recording before saving it.
Assuming you would like to record video footage from your screen, then Movavi Screen Capture for Mac will let you define the capture region, set the frame rate, capture keyboard and mouse actions and much more. It even has a handy little feature that will let you schedule your recording so that it will start and stop automatically rather than requiring you to manually control the recording.
For now at least you should be able to easily capture any audio that is playing on your Mac. If you have a couple of moments to spare you should experiment with the full range of features in Movavi Screen Capture for Mac, so that you can take advantage of them whenever you need to.